Nothing Can Be Built Well Without Good Intentions…
Have You Ever Bought a Swing Set or a Piece of Furniture That Required Assembly and Chose NOT to Utilize the Instructions?
How About Heading Off to a Vacation Destination Several States Away Without a Route and Itinerary?
There May Be One or Two Adventurous Souls That May Think These Two Questions Sound Like a Good Time…
Most of You Reading Would Not Attempt Either For Very Long Before Consulting the Directions or Reaching Out to Google, Right?
Why Attempt a Medium to Large Improvement or Addition to Your Home or Business Without Proper ‘Directions’ – i.e. a set of plans, drawings and an overall design?
Benhardt Construction provides cost proposals to clients from already drawn plans or Benhardt Construction can provide design and drawings for the client.
A design incorporating a set of plans and drawings ensures that your vision is fully understood and has been interpreted correctly.
Once your project design matches your vision a cost proposal can be produced providing you with the true cost of your project.
An Approved Design and Cost Proposal in Place Raises Client Confidence.
Without a Core Design There is Far Too Much Left to the Imagination of the Client and the Contractor Developing a Cost Proposal. The Client Has Their Own Idea of What They Want for THEIR Space as the Contractor Has THEIR Ideas on How to Build the Suggested Imaginary Project.
While the Client May THINK That They are Working Towards Obtaining a Legitimate Price for What They Want While Talking to Three or More Contractors – What Is Easily Being Overlooked Without a Plan and Design in Place – Is There Could Be a Banana Being Compared to an Apple and Both of Those are Being Compared to an Orange. And So On…
While a banana, an apple and an orange are a fruit – they are each different than the other in taste, shape and price. While one may think that a kitchen may be a ‘kitchen’ or a concrete patio may be a ‘concrete patio’ – once one starts looking deeper there are many differences.
Yes, that may be a simple analogy…
Point being is that without a design and plan in place one will not know how much they are paying and what they are paying for until the project is completed.
What Is the Benhardt Construction Design Build Process for Your St. Louis County or St. Charles County Home or Business?
Already Have a Design and Drawings?
- Already have a set design and set of plans? – go ahead and email them over before our initial onsite meeting.
- Your design, plans and drawings will be reviewed.
- Areas of concern or unclear aspects will be highlighted for discussion during our initial meeting for clarity.
- Measurements will be taken of the space to provide an accuracy check to the current drawings.
- Time allocated to listen to your vision of the space to learn of your expectations.
- All of this information will assist Benhardt Construction develop a cost proposal that will be produced for your review usually within 3-5 business days.
- Upon approval of the cost proposal with a signature and down payment – the construction or build process will be initiated
Do Not Have a Design and Drawings?
- If you do not already have a set design and plans we will schedule an initial on site meeting.
- After our initial introduction you will be provided a questionnaire. This questionnaire will help interpret your vision, wants, needs and budget.
- While you review and answer the questionnaire, a simple sketch and measurements of your space will be recorded.
- Time allocated to listen to your vision of the space to learn of your expectations will be allocated.
- A quick review of the questionnaire will be conducted for clarity.
- Details of what to expect of the design process with Benhardt Construction will be explained.
- The Design Agreement will be presented for review and any questions will be answered.
- Once the Design Agreement is approved your design process will get started!
The Benhardt Construction Design Process…
- Initial conceptual drawings will be produced for your review after our meeting .
- These initial conceptual drawings are to see if you and Benhardt Construction are close to being on the same page. Feedback from the client is critical at this point.
- Once it is determined that we are on the right path, Benhardt Construction will process your feedback and develop updated design renderings.
- These new design renderings will be provided to you for your review and approval. Again, feedback is critical. This is your new space after all!
- Once the overall design is approved it will be time for the client to make material finish choices. These choices made during this phase will be placed inside the design and an updated set of renderings will be presented for review.
- This will repeat as described in the design agreement until the design in approved. (Compare it to having your eye exam when the doctor asks, “Better? Worse? Better?” As they flip back and forth between lens powers.) Benhardt Construction dials this in until you are 100% satisfied with all the elements of the design.
- Upon final approval of the design you will be presented with one or more of the following as described in the design agreement.
- Set of Plans
- 3D Renderings
- Material List
- Cost Proposal
There you have it! Pretty simple and straight forward process that establishes your project on the correct path from the very beginning.
Complete This Simple and Easy Form to Start On Your Way to Visualizing Your Project’s Potential, Today!